Friday, January 8, 2010

So we moved to a new camp ground yesterday and it is definitely quieter at night anyway! I guess we can't get away from noise unless we camp in our back yard.

We pulled in here yesterday afternoon, registered and then drove to our site. Oh dear, it was not a pull through (Bernie's favorite for obvious reasons), but he managed and he got it backed in like a pro. It didn't hurt that the two directly across from us were unoccupied. We met the neighbour right away. Of course he told at least half his life story in the first five minutes. I seem to have that effect on people, I don't know what it is but they want to talk to me! Oh well, he seems nice enough and he was embarassed that one of the vehicles in his site was partially parked on our "property". We were good little Canadians and said that we didn't mind, "no problem", "don't worry about it".......yeah, you know the drill!

I had a wicked headache all day and I sure wasn't much help setting up. My head finally felt better about eight o'clock last evening.

We are very close to the water here and the beach. There are two swimming pools, hot tubs, all the other amenities like a store, laundromat and even a restaurant. I haven't checked all that out yet but I will today. Of course there is a marina; something which I do not understand since we are land lubbers.

We are staying here for a month so that means we have to go to "orientation" on Saturday. I am not sure what they are going to do with us but it is a rule and of course one has to follow the rules! We had to make copies of vehicle registrations and insurance and our driver's licenses. We also had to fill out a form and sign a declaration stating that we read all the rules. It is supposed to be a very hot day on Saturday and I would like to enjoy it so I hope "camp ground school" does not take all afternoon!

This place is crowded, I guess it is popular. Sea World is across the Bay and we are on Pacific Beach. There is a wild life sanctuary bordering the campground and I would like to check that out as well. Duke doesn't want to be outside, just to do his business and then he hops right back in the trailer. I guess that is a good thing because when we go for walks on the beach we can't take him because no dogs are allowed and we also would like to go and do things that require leaving him behind. The neighbours have dogs and he has met at least two of them.

We get more sun here than we did at the previous campground and I plan on taking full advantage of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment