Blog Archive

Sunday, January 17, 2010

I was successful in uploading my photos to my Facebook page. I was pretty excited when I saw the good shots I got of the whales. It really is just hit and miss because first you have to see it, then you have to point the camera in the right direction and then it is just rapid shooting to catch all the action. We bought a new telephoto lens at a Target store in National City about ten days ago. It sure makes a difference in getting a good shot. However, sometimes I am so busy taking pictures that I forget to take in the sights.

There is bad weather on the way. The forecast is for rain, rain and more rain. I think it is to start tonight and end on Thursday. Apparently the storm is supposed to bring eight inches to the coastal areas and up to thirty inches in the mountains. That is hard to even imagine. We don't even get eight inches of rain all year! I am not looking forward to it but I guess it is still better than thirty below, blizzards and ice.

In preparation for the rain we moved the picnic table under the canopy so we can at least have some place dry to use the barbecue, etc. I try not to cook too much inside because it just stinks the trailer up and it is not really necessary. We don't use the shower either, there are good showers here. It saves on propane. When I wash dishes I just heat water in the kettle and we don't even bother firing up the hot water heater. Our sensors are not working that great in our holding tanks. Bernie emptied everything and the black tank still said it was 2/3 full. So we bought some stuff to put in the holding tank to dissolve everything and I hope that helps to clean the sensors as well. I told him that it was because he put his well-chewed tobacco down the toilet a few times. Who knows. That made him mad.

The big football game is on today and I am sure most of the campers are watching the Chargers play the Jets. As I write this San Diego is winning 7-0. Bernie is watching - sleeping on the couch.

People have different set ups and we walk around the camp ground checking everything out getting some ideas. We are probably going to get a screened in "porch" to set up under the canopy. It actually gives you another room, and we can use the room. Without the extra length and without a slide we are kind of cramped in here. So we will be looking for something like that to set up for future camping. A lot of people also have t.v.s outside. Some are actually on brackets on the side of their trailers. I am not so sure I would go that far, but you never know. If we had a screened in area we could set the t.v. up on the stand and watch it out there. Apparently this is especially important for football games. One of our neighbours has a clothes horse outside which I think is a very good idea. Most campgrounds discourage clotheslines. They say that they are unsightly. So we end up throwing towels over the chairs, or on the canopy support or over the table. I don't know what looks worse - clothes on a line or the current method. So a clothes horse would be a good investment as well. We also need a better rug for the ground. We are currently using one that I used to have in the back of the van. It is all right, but I think it will rot over time since it is not really supposed to be for outdoor use. Bernie wants to get better chairs as well. We are looking for some that are like recliners. We saw some in the campground in Outlook, Sask. this summer but we haven't been able to find them in any stores yet. I should have asked them where they bought them. Too late now.

No comments:

Post a Comment