Blog Archive

Friday, January 22, 2010

It is Friday already. We finally have some sunshine. I am about to reveal one of my latest weaknesses, so brace yourself. .......... I play Mario Kart every day! LOL I think I am hooked.

When our boys were growing up they had all the video game systems known to man and a host of computer games. I think it went like this: Atari, Turbo Grafix, Nintendo, and then blah blah blah, I lost track. It was a Play Station or something like that. The boys left home and then I really lost track. All I know is that I played the game "Gorf" on the Vic 20 and I had to wait until the kids were either sleeping or out of the house. After that I was pretty much out of it. I was busy cooking, and cleaning and baking and making lunches, doing laundry, chauffeuring, working and trying to be a wife and mother. I totally missed the eighties on account of all of the above.

We played Wii games at the local library over a year ago and one day Bernie went shopping in Stettler and came home with the game system. We golfed, bowled, played tennis and baseball. I got the Wii Fit and managed to exercise, step dance, hoola hoop and box my way to losing 27 pounds. Oh my god, I still don't believe that one. (I did the Weight Watchers thing as well and I think not eating as much had a lot to do with it.) In any event I "Wiied" every day.

When we got Mario Kart my routine changed forever. Instead of sitting on the computer checking my Facebook status, uploading photos to my albums and playing Scramble I was now trying to win crazy races driving a race car or motorbike. Nuts!! We have a nice big t.v. so the two of us would race against each other on a split screen. Talk about crazy. If my son could see me now. He is still totally stupid when it comes to video games, he never grew out of it.

One day coming home from Stettler I was driving around a curve and I had this image of me drifting (something you do in Mario Kart). I couldn't believe I did that so I tapered off a bit. I can see now why kids get their brains tuned in to these games and they can't tune out. I totally understand.

That is my confession for the day. We have a smaller t.v. in the trailer but we took our Wii with us and I Mario Kart every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment