Sunday, July 28, 2013

The pig came back :)

The pig came back, but of course minus the flowers!  Many thanks to the RCMP officers who returned our pig two days after it went missing.  Now that's police work at its finest!  I was so happy just to get the pig back because it holds a lot of sentimental value to us, even if its nose is starting to get a little broken looking and the pink has faded.  I always sit it on the front step and plant portulaca in it since the step faces south and that flower doesn't require much water and likes the sun.  My mother-in-law thinks it is a weed (which is used to be), and she will have nothing to do with them!

I thought it was always kind of clever calling it my "Portulaca Pig". 

Anyway, we have the planter back now.  Whoever took it on Monday late into the night of July 22nd, please know that we are not amused but puzzled as to why you would do this.  Not only are the flowers gone but also a lovely little solar light was in this arrangement as well.  We thought we might go trolling the ditches late at night to see if it is there glowing away, lonely, rejected and wondering why anyone would steal and vandalize.

We are all into beautifying our yard and making sure it is as well kept as we can keep it.  Our front step looks rather bare these days because we are afraid to put anything else out unless we can chain it to the railing.  We should have chained down that Welcome Gnome now that I think of it, but it is too late.  We put a motion sensor light at the front so that might deter any thieves and vandals since I am not going to sit up all night scaring anybody away, thank you very much.

I'll tell you what is so ironic about this whole thing.  On Tuesday I noticed that Bernie had left the window open in the truck which was hooked up to the utility trailer in the driveway.  I went in the house to get the keys and noticed that there was only one set hanging there.  I never gave it much thought until I went out again to put the window up and lock the truck and there was the extra set of keys on the back bumper of the truck!  He had stopped working for the evening and forgotten to lock up and hang the keys in the proper place on Monday evening!  So whoever decided to steal the Portulaca Pig, you missed a better opportunity.  Let's see:  $5.00 front step ornament, $10.00 worth of flowers versus $40,000.00 truck and utility trailer. Too funny.

So I am putting out this challenge.  If you read this and you know who the guilty party is that took our stuff - tell me.  I would love to speak to whoever it is and hear their side of the story.  Then they can listen to mine.  Fair enough?  No pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment