Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year Wishes 2012

Click to play this Smilebox greeting
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free greeting





Happy New Year to all our family and friends. Today is December 30th, tomorrow will be the Eve of another Year and a new beginning........again!!!!
Thank goodness for new beginnings! Over the years I have made umpteen promises, mostly to myself, which have included giving up certain habits that would increase the likelihood that my health and body shape would improve. Lately I have quit doing that........at least I have quit saying things out loud.  I mean, really, how stupid is it to say you are going to eat healthy when the last box of chocolates is still sitting on the dining room table?  Besides, chocolate itself is not unhealthy it is the amount that you eat at one sitting that causes clogged arteries.  I am not having a hard time with that one because we have always made healthy choices in the eating department.  My biggest failure is the inability to quite cramming it into my mouth without even tasting it.  My sister, after observing how I cooked a meal and then consumed it, pointed out that I "eat to live" while she on the other hand "lived to eat".  Okey dokey, whatever works for you.  I think it had something to do with the food itself and the flavor..........who knows, since I could care less (and that was her point).  Enough about eating.
I do not smoke and I don't drink alcohol in excess unless I am at a bonspiel or a convention so I think I pretty much have the bad habits covered.  I did want to start a project this year collecting all our pictures and getting them scanned and categorized and make them into digital scrapbooks and slideshows.  I think I will get a good start on that so that will be my New Year's Resolution.  There, I feel so much better now that I have made one.......not.  Happy New Year to all who read this.  To our family we love you all and to our friends (well we love you too.....after all it is the time of giving! )......seriously, we value and cherish each and every one of you and we wish you all a happy and healthy 2012.  May all your wishes come true.  And now in the words of an old friend who has inspired me, supported me through some very tough times and who has also drawn strength from me:  "Love, luck and laughter" to all from Bonnie and Bernie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment