Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We have been home for two weeks and I am still marveling at all of the space I have to live with lately.  LOL  As soon as I walked in the house I felt as if the walls were expanding and I lost track of my own sense of space for a while as I adjusted to the new dimensions.  If that didn't make sense just try to imagine standing in the middle of a closet and then move into a room that is four times as large and you might experience the sensation of the walls moving outwards........or not.  Am I losing my mind??

So here we are in the snow and cold and fog.  My that fog sure has everybody on edge.  I think it has something to do with the sun not shining for days on end and causing most human beings to go slightly bonkers or depressed.

I haven't had time to really savor the time spent away from home in the warmth of the sun.  We were home for not even twenty-four hours when I had to deal with a lot of aftermath concerning my most recent squabbles with Town Council.  Well, I call it a squabble, and I am not sure what the rest of them call it since no one really talks to me about anything important. 

I went back to work on Friday the 12th which just happened to be my 56th birthday.   We celebrated with a cake that my mother baked and cupcakes from friend Lois.  Mom even went to the store and got the big number candles so I celebrated in style.  I guess they make those numbers large so we can see them at our age!  ha ha    We had a feast of Chinese food, cake, cupcakes, ice cream and coffee with real cream.  Then we sat in front of the television for the rest of the evening and watched the Winter Olympics Opening Ceremonies.

I worked for four days, had a bit of a break, went to some meetings and worked again in Coronation and Castor.  I am going to take a much longer break now and try to catch my breath. 

I didn't really miss winter but I missed my curling and bowling buddies and all the fun we have when we get together. 

The Olympic games have been taking up a lot of my time as well.  We spend most of our time in front of the television watching everything we can possibly watch.  I am so proud of all of our Canadian athletes.  My sister-in-law , niece and nephews are in Vancouver taking in the games and I do hope we hear some good stories when they get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment