Sunday, September 20, 2009

I attended a retirement party today for one of my Home Care colleagues. She started working for Home Care in 1987. I know she has seen a lot of changes and not a lot of them were for the good. Oh well, I am the one who gets to rant about stuff, not her!!
The conversation amongst those who attended the party was lively and varied and of course we had the inevitable tirades against the changes in health care in Alberta. Apparently those of us who are still employed in the health care field are not supposed to have an opinion and there is this little thing sort of like a gag order. I am not fearful for my job because I have had so many jobs in my life time that what's another bump in the road, really.....? I guess the bottom line is that if we don't stand up for what we know is right for us, for our families and for our community then we shouldn't be a bit surprised when we find we are being short-changed by a government who wants to save money at the expense of people's health and well-being.
Enough of that.
I love Coronation Community Health (or whatever we call ourselves now) parties. The potlucks are fantastic, we always manage to find an excuse to have them and we never run out of stories and things to talk about. I am grateful to know all of the wonderful and caring people (past and present) who make Home Care happen in our community. Yay for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment